Monday, July 13, 2009

Remember me?

Remember me please, when I am gone.
When I have left you to find a better place to be.

Remember the hugs, and the kisses,
the words spoken softly and sweetly to comfort and love.

Remember the jokes we shared,
the hurtful gossip we avoided,
the friendships both questioned and strengthened.

Remember the advice given and the thoughts aired.

Remember the ideas that bloomed into something greater, into reality.

And remember me for who I was and not who I have become,
because who I have become is not me.
Not the me I want you to remember years from now,
that me is lost.

But she will be found.
That is where I am going.

So please I beg of you, remember the me you loved.
Do not forget the person who was your confidant.
I am here.

But I question,
Will you remember me?
On my return,
will you remember me?

No comments:

Post a Comment