I used to hold my arms out to the sky,
and tell myself that I would let God take me, just because.
I would let him lead me. Anywhere.
Do you remember when I was little?
I used to believe without question,
that my prayers would keep us safe,
that we would be okay.
Because you said so.
Do you remember when I was little?
I used to think that those words would keep us here.
Together and happy.
Do you remember?
I used to think it was enough,
"Dear Lord, Thank you for a wonderful day. Please take care of us while we sleep tonight. Amen."
Do you remember when I started to question?
When words were no longer enough to keep me believing?
When I started to question myself for questioning my beliefs?
Do you remember how I used to be?
Unwavering in conviction and knowledge.
Too young and naive to know what mattered.
I want that. I want that now.
That faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment