Saturday, May 2, 2009

Frustration

The frustration penetrates ever pore,
every bit of my being,
and yet you stand there unfeeling,
unwilling to understand your faults.

Maybe I am at fault too,
but at least I am willing to accept my part,
unlike you, ignoring us all.

I cannot help but wonder.
Wondering where we went wrong.
How it got this far.
How we let it.
How you will survive without us.
How you will move on,
meet new people without insulting them.

As your friends, we are each others rock.
Steadfast.
No matter what, no questions asked.
Always.
Forever.
But there is only so much we can look passed,
only so much others will readily accept.

These stereotypes reflect so poorly on you,
and by association?
Me.
Her.
On all of us.

Unacceptable.
Prejudice is something I refuse to tolerate.
People always judge me because I am 'multi-racial',
and because I have chosen to fully embrace it.
Because I choose to look different,
with my clothes and my hair and my attitude,
my sarcasm, my pessimism, my realism.
They judge me without even thinking twice.
And to prove them wrong,
I make it a point to exceed all expectations they have thought of.

Because of that,
because of how people have treated me,
I refuse to allow you to judge them,
and if you do?
I refuse to acknowledge your claims.

To you, skinny with no chest means no self-esteem;
to me, it means a fast metabolism.
To you, fat with a huge chest means no self-confidence;
to me, it means someone whose genetics have decided for them.
I know people that defy every stereotype you will throw at them,
even if you will not admit it.

But please, do tell,
What does that make me?
Where the hell do I fit in your stereotypes?
Tell me.
Please.

I hate how you can judge everyone else,
but at the same time say they will not apply to those around you.
What does that say about us?
That you know you cannot judge us,
not without proving yourself wrong,
or insulting us to prove yourself right.

"Little girl with a messed up past"?
FUCK that.
She is more normal than you willing EVER fucking be.
Do. not. judge. her.
Especially because her parents are divorced and her father remarried a women he loves.
Do. not. judge. her.
Especially because you do NOT understand how she copes,
that she is okay with the divorce,
that she accepts it,
and that she loves Janet.
What kind of heartless wench would call her past 'messed up' just because her parents do not live together anymore?
In what society would half of your comments be acceptable?

Please.
Explain.
I'm willing to listen,
but I highly doubt anything you say can make me forgive you
for all the damage you've caused to my sisters.

Because that is what these girls are to me,
not just friends.
Sisters.

You used to be one too, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment